Saturday, May 8, 2010

How Does the Debt Work?

Here's a story how big our Debt might be. Headlines: America in debt of trillions of dollars. Oooops!! Isn't is horrifying? Well maybe not. Let us look a bit closely and understand it through a small 'ode'.

A small motel in California.

Scene I:
Traveller: Hey! Wake up you Mr. I need a room. (Pays him 100 bucks)
Motel Owner (MO): Ohk. 100 bucks!
Traveller: ??? Are you out of your mind? This is recession going on.
MO: Well, get it or get out. (Takes the buck). I will be back in fifteen minutes.

Scene II:
MO: Take your money, man. We are even now.
Contractor: Well, yes until you return my drilling machine.

Scene III:
Contractor: Well, Mr. Manager. Now I dont owe you a single buck you blood-sucking new version of satan.
Mr. Manager: You still owe up 10 bucks of interest. I won't let you go coz all of us are after all returning the interest to the mighty Fed.
Contractor: Oh take the cake. I will return the cherry later.

Scene IV: ( Hey, Sandy!! Go, go. Just make him feeeel good. Alrite!! Just ride. GO!)
Bank Manager: Hey! Ms. LovelyAssForYou. Here's the rest.
Prostitute: You didn't turn your back on me. you are a nice man, Banky. Want another.
BM: No, I have to file Chapter-11 today. My bank is going broke tomorrow. Smiles.
Prosti: Well, then we will celebrate the fat check you will get tomorrow, Fatass!

Scene V:
Prosti: Hey, Lou! Thanks man. Seems like a new arrival huh? Set me up. And here's your pain in ass. Take it. I'm waiting. Just say ready when he says yes. ohk?
Motel Owner: Well, yes! But no lending this time.
Prosti: You dumbass! It is his room this time not mine.
MO: (Makes a deal).


And the chain goes on. Well, maybe you guys got it. But the total debt was 500 bucks. See, how big and inter-linked it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment