Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The MBA Ride: IIMB

Sometimes, it all boils down to an instant where everything is going wrong and a small spark of performance helps you just touch the bay. I was being pounded with simple questions with not so simple face expressions. IIMB gives a lot of stress on SOP and they will pick a simple word and revolve your whole interview around it. Mine was 'project development plan'. They asked me the same question may be six to seven times. In the end frustrated I blurted everything I knew about it and still got a 'Leave it'. 

A heated discussion on 'How can we improve power crisis in India?' subjugated me to admit that prices should be lowered in India and make them praise one of my solutions. An IIM interview is most of the times 'Can't say affair' but I didn't feel so good about it.


May be I did very good in WAT that was based on a daily problem: 'Instant things like noodles are eroding our age-old values and degrading our society and lifestyle'.

Verdict: Converted. (A Pursuit of Happyness Moment)

Caution: While checking results, kindly fill both 'S' and 'R' of SR12345 in capitals else you may sulk for one day realizing that you could not make it to the 'Place to B'.

1 comment: